dnabsuH enizagaM

"If you aren't certain about things, if your mind is still open enough to question what you are seeing, you tend to look at the world with great care, and out of that watchfulness comes the possibility of seeing something that no one else has seen before. You have to be willing to admit that you don't have all the answers. If you think you do, you will never have anything important to say." - Paul Auster

Friday, September 2

The post where I vomit my life onto the internet, stroking my ego, for your very mild enjoyment.

  1. The first CD I bought, long ago, was The Black Crowes' "Southern Harmony and Musical Companion". It was a damn long time ago and my recent mis-storage while in transit has rendered it unlistenable during the good part of "Black Moon Creeping". So, the rotation of old CD albums into some landfill has begun, as I purchased a new (apparently digitally remastered) copy of it tonight at Newbury Comics with a new hat.
  2. I am eating B&J New York Super Fudge Chunk. White chocolate is not really chocolate, you know. It tastes good right here, though.
  3. I am on pager tonight. I keep hearing beeping coming from somewhere, but it is not an appliance, a smoke alarm, or the pager, so I guess I need to increase my dosage.
  4. My daughter is no longer using a crib, which slingshots me into a permanent state of ever-recycling nostalgia.
  5. UMF wants my donation. They won't get it unless they promise not to bulldoze the Campus Security building.
  6. Listening to live jazz. Mmmmmmmmmm.
  7. Home alone with no one to talk to (hence ice cream, live jazz, and vomit post), as my loves are visiting Nana tonight.
  8. You look like a man-o'-lantern.
  9. Bought Auster's "Collected Prose" and "The Book of Illusions" today - the latter, used - based on my fair enjoyment of "Oracle Night" and my very thorough and complete enjoyment of "The New York Trilogy".
  10. I promised myself I'd stop at ten. Off to read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home